Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Books I Recommend: The King's Deception

Image Source: http://www.amazon.com/Kings-Deception-Novel-Steve-Berry/dp/0345526554

I am totally engaged in a book if in reading it I’m either so anxious I want to finish it in one sitting or I read it gradually because I know I’ll be totally sad if I’ll be done with it. Steve Berry’s books (I’ve also read The Third Secret) is the former. The book is compelling that sometimes it becomes difficult to cut apart truth from fiction, well that’s how I felt when I’ve read his 2 books. If it’s made into a movie, it will indisputably be heart-stopping, action-packed and intellectual. I have always been fascinated with the lives of the Tudors and King’s Deception offered that. The Kings and Queens, their lives and loves stories, have been intriguing yet captivating. The mix of the modern world and the old times, the truth and fiction, make this book another favorite Steve Berry’s masterpiece of mine.

My favorite lines from the book…

Fear is paralyzing.

Instinct breeds survival.

Trust broken is trust lost.

We all do things when we're young that we regret later.

These people were fanatics and fanatics were unpredictable.

Truth is fleeting, its meaning fluid, depending on time and circumstances.

Kingship is more than a crown.

'This is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!