Saturday, July 19, 2014

Recipe 101: No Cook Pastillas

I love desserts. I look for something sweet after a meal but then I also look for something salty after. It's a cycle really but I try not to give in most of the time. My family has a history of diabetes so I'm cognizant of the healthy stuff I should rather choose. But not having sweets at all would probably be more of a bane than boon so I'd rather enjoy it a little at a time. I love pastillas and it's easy to make so why not make batches of it on your own than buy it anywhere else. You can even make it crunchier by adding plain nuts or cornflakes, or even oatmeal or whatever you fancy. Enjoy!

I've actually made a lot. These are what's just left when I thought I needed to take a photo. :)

Ingredients:

2 1/2c powdered milk
1 can (200ml) condensed milk
sugar for coating
baking paper
cellophane paper

Procedure:

mix powdered and condensed milk in a bowl

take 1tbsp mixture, coat with sugar and roll into tubes

wrap in baking paper then cellophane paper.


(Source: yummy.ph)






No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!