Monday, August 5, 2019

Books I Like: A Clash of Kings




my favorites from this book:

I have climbed these steps so often I know each one by name.

In the end words are just wind.

A lady's armor is courtesy.

Courage and folly are cousins, or so I've heard.

Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them.

Schemes are like fruit, they require a certain ripening.

Even terror has it's purpose, Cat.

Power resides where men believe it resides.

Boys believe nothing can hurt them, his doubt whispered. Grown men know better.

When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.

The ones who look the most suspicious are likely innocent, he decided. it's the ones who look innocent I need to be aware.

Sorcery is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.

Have you ever considered that too many answers are the same as no answer at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!