Thursday, February 7, 2013

how to make Mackerel Sinigang




I’ve known this dish for about 3 or 4 years ago. Our department supervisor once cooked this for us when we went to his home and said that this was a favorite dish of our co-worker (who is now my husband). I liked it but I never got to try doing this at home. It was lunch before the New Year when my mom-in-law cooked this for us and again reminded me that I should try copying this recipe at home for hubby. This is just a simple dish. And if you love SINIGANG in any way and form, I guess you will also find this interesting. The easiest sinigang ever. :)


Mackerel Sinigang


Ingredients:

Onion - 1pc, sliced

Tomatoes – 2pcs, quartered

Water – 1 cup

Mackerel – 1 small can, I used SABA brand (note: small can has only 2pcs of mackerel)

Sinigang mix – 24g sachet for a small can of mackerel

Malunggay leaves



Procedure:

Saute onion and tomatoes.

Add can of mackerel. Simmer.

Add water and let boil.

Add sinigang mix.

Once cooked, turn off heat and add in either kangkong leaves or pechay or malunggay.
Serve with rice.

any suggestions on improving this dish? thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!