Monday, August 24, 2020

A Wrinkle In Time




My favorite lines from this book:

Your development has to go at its own pace. It just doesn’t happen to be the usual pace.

I don’t understand it any more than you do, but one thing I’ve learned is that you don’t have to understand things for them to be.

‘But I never say anything. You just seem to know.’ ‘Everything about you tells me,’ Charles said.

The heart has its reasons, whereof reason knows nothing.

Nothing deters a good man from doing what is honourable.

Faith is the sister of justice.

‘No, Meg, but people are more than just the way they look. Charles Wallace’s difference isn’t physical. It’s in essence.’

To action little, less to words inclined.’

The only way to cope with something deadly serious is to try to treat it a little lightly.

Nothing is hopeless; we must hope for everything.

The more a man knows, the less he talks.

You see, though we travel together, we travel alone.

I do not know everything; still many things I understand.

For the things which are seen are temporal. But the things which are not seen are eternal.

‘I wanted you to do it all for me. I wanted everything to be all easy and simple… So I tried to pretend that it was all your fault… because I was scared, and I didn’t want to have to do anything myself —’

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!