Thursday, July 12, 2012

Books I Recommend: Mockingjay

image source: google.com

My favorite lines from the book..

We wouldn’t want to lose our little mockingjay when she’s finally begun to sing.

Music draw mockingjays as blossoms do bees.

This was the doorway to both sustenance and sanity. And we were each others key.

Eyes on the forest, not on the trees.

You don’t destroy what you don’t want to acquire in the future.

I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there’s no relief in waking.

Better not to give in to it.

It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart.

If he wants me broken, then I will have to be whole.

Outbursts are short. Its stories that take time.

My guess is that fearful events are the hardest to root out. They’re the ones we naturally remember the best, after all.

There’s no going back. So we might as well get on with things.

“Don’t trust them. Don’t go back. Kill Peeta. Do what you came to do.”

To believe them dead is to accept I killed them.

“Katniss will pick whoever she thinks she can’t survive without.”

“My name is Katniss Everdeen. I am seventeen years old. My home is District 12. I am the mockingjay. I brought down the Capitol. President Snow hates me. He killed my sister. Now I will kill him. And then the Hunger Games will be over…”

Closing my eyes doesn’t help. Fire burns brighter in the darkness.

But collective thinking is usually short-lived. We’re fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction.

What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again.


The Hanging Tree
Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where they strung up a man they say murdered three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where the dead man called out for his love to flee
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Where I told you to run, so we’d both be free
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!