Wednesday, October 17, 2012

how to make Chicken Pork Adobo with Liver spread



My version of adobo is the easiest one. In a pot I just dump all my ingredients in: chicken or pork, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, a little water, peppercorn, lots of garlic, bay leaf and until the meat is tender, that’s just about it. I can do many other things while waiting for it to cook. My sister on the other hand cooks her adobo with onion, twice. She boils it with adobo marinade, fry the meat and cook it all over again. My father’s adobo is not complicated, it’s the same as mine but his marinade is savory. Although mine is vinegary (which we prefer), his I think is better than mine. Having said that, I’m still on the look out for the perfect adobo I can fool-proof. We all have varied versions of it and I just love trying out how others do it. Here, I copied Chef Boy Logro’s Adobo and as expected I actually liked it. He’s really the Master.

Chicken Pork Adobo with Liver spread
 

 Here's how:

In a bowl, marinate 1/4klo chicken and 1/4cubed pork liempo-belly with 1/4cup soy sauce, 1/4cup vinegar, 1/2cup water, 1tbsp sugar and 1pc bay leaf for at least 1 hour.

Just before cooking, add 2tbsp minced garlic to the marinade.

Heat oil, add chicken and pork. Pan sear until brown.

Add marinade mixture. Cover and simmer over medium heat until cooked.

Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/4cup liver spread.

Enjoy!

P.S. have you tried any other way to cook adobo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!