Thursday, July 4, 2013

Coffee Spaghetti



I tried copying this recipe because hubby loves coffee (while I don't), I thought it won't be that scary to at least give it a try. Got this recipe from Chef Gene Gonzales.

Ingredients:
250 g pasta
instant coffee
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
bacon (chopped)
oil
salt
pepper
cheese

Procedure:
Boil pasta in boiling water with coffee. Once al dente, set aside.

In a pan, heat oil or butter.

Saute onions and garlic.

Add bacon and fry.

Pour in coffee pasta and mix.

Top with cheese.

P.S. The amount of instant coffee used should depend on how you actually like your own coffee. I mistakenly add more tbsp of it which made it stronger. I don't like coffee much less if it's a strong one so I ended up not liking it. Hubby thought otherwise because he really prefers his drink black, he thought though the bacon wasn't enough of an ingredient so I suggest you either add more bacon or add in ground beef or ground pork. Top it with cheddar cheese if you like to add saltiness to the flavor.

Bon Appetit!























No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!