Monday, November 18, 2013

Legend Of The Seeker

 
pic from imdb.com

I'm a late bloomer. I've finished this series a few days ago and I was glad I did. I remember hubby prodding me to see the show for myself because he knew I would surely like it. True enough it was beautiful a series. Although comments here and there were heard and asked because hubby have read Terry Goodkind's books and it's just I think common to make comparisons. But nevertheless I've enjoyed what the seeker, mother confessor, wizard and the mord-sith have offered. Here are the lines from the series that struck a chord with me.

To see that which is not there, gaze upon what is.

Keep to the path ahead not the road behind.

People will believe a lie because they want it to be true or because they're afraid it might be true.

Real power was not just in the magic that we wield, it was in our ability to make difficult choices.

What makes the line between good and evil is the choice not to act on them.

A man who trusts in luck better have plenty of it.

The ear is more easily frightened than the eye.

A power is only valuable if it can be harnessed. If not then it's no power at all.

What we value most is often closer than we think.

War is easy. It's peace that will break your heart.

One journey down the agonizing gauntlet of youth is enough for any man.

The hardest people to break are always the ones who aren't afraid to die for their beliefs.

The growling bellies make for unhappy traveling companion.

If that day is today, let it be today.

Fate is a mysterious force.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!