Saturday, May 3, 2014

Baon Ideas: Bistek Tagalog




I am so in search of dishes that require fewer ingredients for when I want to bring baon with me to work, the preparation will not eat up my time in the morning. This dish is a favorite of mine and easy to do pa. I fry the fish a night before and in the morning I pop it in the toaster oven while I do the sauce. When done, I pour it over the fish and it's good to go. Easy peasy.

Ingredients:

oil
1 medium onion
1 medium size bangus
1 head garlic, minced
6 pcs calamansi
8 tbsp soy sauce

Procedure:

Fry fish. I used boneless bangus (milk fish) here. Set aside. (you can use any fish you prefer)

Fry minced garlic and set aside. This will be used as topping later.

In a bowl, mix calamansi juice and soy sauce.

In a heated pan, put oil and add onion rings.

Pour calamansi-soy sauce mixture. Let boil.

Pour over fish and top with garlic bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!