Saturday, April 26, 2014

food blog: Jipan

Every time I pass by Jipan in Glorietta I always wondered why many diners gravitate towards it. In fact I've seen some celebrities dine in there despite it being not as private as other restaurants, (nasa gitna kasi sya ng daan) I've been seeing plenty of foreigners too so maybe there’s good food that’s just waiting for me to be discovered. One day we tried some of what they offered and we finally understood why.

Chicken teriyaki P289 So now I realize I like chicken teriyaki better, and that better chicken teriyaki is here. I never liked sweet dishes but teriyaki is an exception. As you can see toge or bean sprouts was served as side dish but I was just thankful their idea of side dish is as heaps as this. I enjoyed both so much.

Porridge (included in chicken teriyaki meal). Rice on rice but I did not mind because it was delish.

Kani salad (included in chicken teriyaki meal). This dish inspires me to make one at home, it’s yummy and refreshing because the Japanese mayo wasn’t nakakaumay.

House tea: Japanese rice tea. I was planning on having hot tea to compliment my choice of meal but sadly they didn’t have any at that time so the server suggested they have house tea naman which was actually free pa so nakalibre ako sa drinks. Ah tea, why do I love thee?

Seafood ramen P295. Soooooo good and for sharing pala. The broth was appetizing and the veggies weren’t soggy. The best seafood ramen I’ve had by far, every ingredients were fresh including crab sticks. (I guess you know naman which crab stick is imitation and which is the real deal.) I recommend this for ramen lovers.

Kouign Aman P75. Flaky outside, soft and buttery inside. I haven’t tried versions of other pastry shops yet but this didn’t upset.  In fact, I can buy this any time I feel like it, bitin pa nga e.

Plain mochi donut P17. This was fine but I found it plain and simple.

Green tea mochi donut P28. You can taste green tea, yes though I hope the bread was softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!