Saturday, May 17, 2014

how to make Real Spaghetti Carbonara




I can't believe I've never tried doing Carbonara. If I ever did I knew it was by using a mix by McCormick (where you add milk and cream to powdered mix, heat it up and pour to pasta) which I think doesn't count. How can someone say no to instant chows when you've got less and less time on your plate, so to speak. But you see when I've got time to surf I always look forward to recipes on FoodTube. I chanced upon this title called Real Spaghetti Carbonara by Mr. Carluccio, of course it kinda sound interesting with the word "real" in it, so I watched it. His recipe is really simple yet authentic. By just watching you'll know his is the real deal. I loved it the first time I tried doing it and the fact that I didn't have to add all purpose cream to it made it less sinful but still delectable.

Spaghetti Carbonara (for 2 people)

Ingredients:
 
Spaghetti (250g)
Bacon (cut up to pieces, fry)
2 whole eggs
1 eggyolk
Parmesan cheese
Pepper

Procedure:
 
Cook pasta according to package direction.

Fry bacon bits.

For sauce: beat 2 eggs and 1 eggyolk, add parmesan cheese and pepper.

Once bacon is fried, turn off the heat and pour cooked pasta. Mix.

Pour sauce and mix.

Serve right away but first add parmesan cheese on top and pepper to taste.

P.S. Hope you'll like this recipe as much as I do. Please share if there are other versions of carbonara you know too. Bon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!