Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How to Poach an Egg


I've been wanting to learn how to poach an egg because though it seems easy I always end up wasting poor eggs. Poor me. That’s why I was so happy to have found a poacher in Landmark when we were scouring for corkscrew. Actually I’ve found loads of kitchen gadgets I might have needed but I will take my sweet time in building my kitchen wares. For now I only buy them as I need them. And when there’s a sale too. :)

Farberware silicone egg poachers (set of 2) at P199.75, 4F Landmark, Makati

This is the easy peasy way to poach an egg using a poacher:

Grease egg poacher, then put egg in poacher.

 



Place poacher in a pot of simmering water.

Cover pot and cook eggs to desired consistency.


 Scoop poacher from pot with slotted spoon.

 

 Remove eggs by turning poacher upside down and gently pressing on the poacher bottom.
 


Voila Ze Poached Egg!

Ditch frying an egg because it’s better and healthier to poach one now. :)











1 comment:

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!