Thursday, January 24, 2013

food blog: Magnolia Flavor House

I've been in Robinson's Magnolia twice and though the location maybe far from where we live, getting there is a simple feat. We rode the MRT from Taft to Cubao station (P14) and then hop on next to LRT2 from Cubao to Gilmore station (P12). From there it was just a few minutes, cardio exercise away to get to Robinson's Magnolia. The first time we got here my sister and I just roamed around, tried out new chow and enjoyed the coolness of this new mall. The second time, hubby and I watched Les Mis. I love new cinema theaters. The guards though didn't check our bags before coming in (security reasons) and there's no restrooms inside. 

 
 Tickets for Les Mis

But what's worth trying out here is Magnolia Flavor House. I've read, it was what's memorable in the old Magnolia factory and it used to be located exactly here (hence Robinson's Magnolia). The food was a bit pricey for me, I was kinda expecting it's more of an ice cream house than a restaurant. Anyways, we sampled two ice creams. The waiter suggested their bestseller,  banana split, but we didn't get it hahaha. What I had instead was a beautiful pink creation called Candy Land. And hubby had Black and White.



 Panoramic view of Al Fresco, Robinson's Magnolia


 Menu

 Magnolia Flavor House

Black and White (P200) is for sharing, with three scoops: a scoop of vanilla and 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream. I liked vanilla better especially when scooped with whipped cream.

Candy Land (P175). Delish and recommendable. (Actually we can easily do this version at home.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!