Wednesday, November 20, 2013

how to make Chicken Stew

For the past few weeks I haven't been cooking dishes that are tomato based. I never knew I'd miss chicken afritada, beef caldereta and pork menudo up until now. So I picked one among many clipped recipes in my arsenal. I realized adding red wine in tomato based dishes makes a whole lot of difference. This Christmas I'm very sure a lot will be gifted with red wine so there'd be no excuse not to try it in a dish like this. Just give it a try, you might like it like I did. 



Ingredients:

1pc onion, minced
5pcs garlic, minced
2medium carrots, cubed
1can mushroom
1/2kg chicken
1/4cup red wine
peppercorns
1pouch tomato sauce
1cup water
1medium bell peppers
1-2pcs laurel leaves

Procedure:

fry chicken pieces but not all the way through

saute onions, garlic, carrots, mushroom and pre-cooked chicken

add red wine, peppercorns and tomato sauce. simmer uncovered for 5 minutes

add water and bell peppers. cover and simmer for 5 minutes

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!