Monday, April 7, 2014

pegs for Long Gowns

Just like the rest of the you, I've also watched Golden Globes and the Oscars not just for the amazing performers or elaborate numbers or favorite winners but also for the lovely gowns. One day I know I will need to wear a long gown for strictly formal affairs that's why watching these stars parade in them made me understand the kind, the color, the cut I would want to be dressed in someday. Their gowns though are made for svelte figures and them and only them can give justice to the couturier’s creation so I made a list that stays true to what is really wearable for me: not the deep plunging lines, the see-through cuts, the flamboyant colors, the heavy dress. These are the gowns I find pretty and I believe can make me feel just that too. 

Caitlin Fitzgerald in Emilia Wickstead

Emma Watson in Christian Dior

Emma Watson in Vera Wang

Monica Potter in Romona Keveza
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture


Julianna Margulies in Andrew Gn


This one has to be special mention. Although I can't (for the life of me) wear this super deep neck gown, this dress is super thumbs up. I think Lupita and it are truly made for each other.

Lupita Nyong'o in Prada


(Source: pics from google.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!