Saturday, May 24, 2014

Recipe 101: Squid Balls in Vegetable Stock



I've seen this recipe in another blog and although the recipe wasn't stated clearly (as it was just a photo with caption) I took my cue from what was shared. I may not have gotten it accurately but what came out was not totally bad or even embarrassing. That time I was tired of eating fried foods and I was looking for a recipe that's soup-y and with lots of veggies in it maybe to make up for all the consumed meat, so armed with just a photo, I tried to copy the recipe, found it good and easy so now it's shared the second time. The original recipe used liquid aminos which I think made it healthier. I used light soy sauce since I didn't have it at that time. I think tweaking the recipe a bit will not hurt as much. Go experiment and please share what you've made...

Squid Balls in Vegetable Stock

Ingredients:
 
1pack squid balls
Broccoli florets
2pcs eggplant, sliced
Malunggay leaves
Veggie stock or bullion cubes (vegetable)
Garlic
Light soy sauce

Procedure:
 
Cut squid balls in half and fry them up. (do not over do)
Boil broccoli, eggplants in vegetable stock.
Add squid balls.
Turn off heat. Add malunggay leaves.
Serve with garlic bits in soy sauce.


Bon appetito! 

(Recipe Source: lifeafterbreakfast blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for reading this post!

Email thethoughtbubbleblog@gmail.com for queries, request or suggestions, thanks!